Why I am not “Tumblr Famous” (and will likely lose many followers after this post)
1. I don’t get why Supreme is so damn popular. Seriously, someone explain to me the significance of white words in red box on clothing that sells for far too much. I mean don’t you find this trend insulting to your intelligence?
2. Fuck OFWGKTA. Period. (I also find that shit insulting to my intelligence and my beliefs as a feminist, activist, humanist and revolutionary) If you would like me to explain why, just ask. Because honestly, it would take me a long post to get that point across
3. My blog, while largely reflecting my taste in music (which often, but not always, centers around hip-hop in its classic definition) is eager to discuss politics and promote the message of dissent and revolution. I don’t know why people are so afraid of this topic or simply don’t care, as if it doesn’t effect their every day lives. But it never ceases to astound me how hesitant and fearful people are about having a say in what happens to and around them.
4. I do smoke weed, and proudly so, but feel no need to discuss it and flaunt on a regular basis. There are far more interesting things about me, my personality and my habits. At least I think so.
5. Most of the girls whose pictures I see with thousands of notes I find to be hyper sexualized for male advantage, reflecting our misogynist and male dominated culture and not simply for their own sense of beauty. And frankly, they are boring.
6. I am nice to my followers. What the hell is wrong with being kind to the people that follow you? Why are so many of the people who are “Tumblr Famous” such fucking assholes? Not all, of course, but so many of them are just outright belittling and its gross. Haven’t you figured out that Tumblr fame means absolutely NOTHING?
7. Sometimes I am pretentious and wrong about things. I do not mind being called to question on my contradictions. How else do we grow as people and as a society? So feel free to call me to task.
8. I don’t care about how many followers you or I have. The question is not how to get followers, but how to be leaders.